Sunday, October 6, 2013

No Comment

I don't really know how to feel about the whole no commenting thing. I think their reasoning itself is what bothers me the most

Most commenters are stupid, I completely agree. I feel like commenters on "Popular Science" are, on average, more educated compared to the average YouTube and Facebook commenter, though. I cannot be sure because I have never read any of the comments on "Popular Science" and that is no longer an option, so its hard for me to judge how much they might have influenced the reader on how they viewed the content of the article. 

I know on other sites, comments have swayed my feelings on the subject I was reading or watching. They do affect me, to the point that I wish I had not read the comment in the first place. I, and I think many people, use the comments to have their opinion validated. When someone says something to the contrary, naturally that is upsetting.


I always thought that was the point of a comments section, to foster a conversation. If they didn’t want anybody putting their input in on the articles, why did they make a comments section in the first place? I think this concept is very strange to me, and I don’t understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment